| Date of Change|| Docs changed|| Description of Change|
| || || |
| 15/9/2011|| Hotel API Spec|| GetHotelDetailsRequest: |
- offerid is now submitted, not hotelId
- A session id attribute must be submitted sid="......."
- 'supplier' element is not required
- Id elements removed (offerId and hotelId).
- stars element renamed to starRating
- name element renamed to hotelName
- coordinates element renamed to coordinate
| 26/9/2011|| Flight API Spec|| GetFlightOffersResponse:|
- offer element renamed to flightOffer
| 26/9/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec|| GetPrepackagedOffersResponse:|
- offer element renamed to prepackagedOffer
| 26/9/2011|| Hotel API Spec|| GetLiveHotelOffersRequest:|
- Renamed the command to GetHotelDetailsRequest
| 27/9/2011|| Connection Guide || Added requirement to handle cookies. See last 2 sentences in section 'How to Connect to the V2 API services'|
| 29/9/2011 || Prepackaged API Spec|| Significant changes to general structure of XML|
| 1/10/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec|| Added comment stating that filter ids will remain constant. Also updated GetPrepackagedOffersRequest to include a 'groupType' attribute to avoid collisions in ids across groups. Also clarified that any characters may be in the id, not just numeric.|
| 3/10/11|| Prepackaged API Spec || Modified the filter ids to identify the content group and also to use meaningful fixed ids, instead of random numeric ones|
| 4/10/11|| Prepackaged API Spec|
- Shortened group names and ids, and made duration hierarchical - weeks then days.
- Added origin city into the hierachy between origin country and origin airport.
- Updated the definition of departure week to include the year.
- Small change to price range definitions. Made max values round and non-inclusive.
| 5/10/11|| Prepackaged API Spec |
- Added stars and facilities filters (star and facil).
- Modified various filter values to be human readable (Airport, city, resort, region)
- Various changes to prepackagedOffer structure - id is attribute, hotel data moved into 'hotel' element. nights instead of days. location is now a filter id, not a free string.
- When submitting filters, group is no longer needed
| 5/10/11|| Location Resolution Spec|| Added the nearestCityCode attribute to the results (temporarily).|
| 6/10/11|| Prepackaged API Spec|
- Added support for a new type of filter - freeTextFilter, and some specific instances of it - e.g. freeText.hotelDescription and freeText.hotelName.
- Added specification for GetPrepackagedHotelDetailsRequest
| 17/10/11|| Prepackaged API Spec|| Replaced GetHotelDetailsRequest with GetPrepackagedOfferDetailsRequest, which supplies the pricing and flight details as well as the hotel details|
| 17/10/11|| Hotel API Spec|| Replaced GetHotelDetailsRequest with GetHotelOfferDetailsRequest, which supplies the pricing details too |
| 19/ 10/11|| Prepackaged API Spec and Hotel API Spec|| Added hotel id to offer data, and changed the Get Offer Details request to support 'static linking', by defining the details of the offer, instead of its id|
| 27/10/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec and Hotel API Spec|| Added referralUrl to specification for live offer.|
| 1/11/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Removed 'airport' from offer and added 'originAirport' and 'destinationAirport'. Changed location element to be free text string, not location id.|
Added support for LMS suppliers. Namely the 'offerType' filter, and a comment before the 'hotel' element regarding flight-only etc
| 9/11/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Grouped filters to differentiate union and intersection filters. See the 'union' attribute in each filter and the updated description in the 'Filtering' section|
| 10/11/2011|| Connection Guide|| Changed the main URL to be production, not mirror (api.travelfusion.com, not mirrorapi.travelfusion.com).|
| 10/11/2011 || Prepackaged API Spec || Changed the description of the GetPrepackagedOfferDetailsRequest request and removed the sid attribute from it.|
| 11/11/2011|| Hotel API Spec |
- Changed the GetAllHotelsInAreaRequest to support specific hotels, and also reuse the general hotel structure in other responses.
- Changed the GetHotelOfferDetailsRequest to require offer id only.
- Added id attribute to hotel element definition
- Changed GetLiveHotelOffersResponse to separate the hotel information from the offer information, and re-use the hotel structure used in the GetHotelOfferDetailsResponse and to allow an list of offers to be returned for each hotel, if this is requested in the search using a new 'groupByHotel' parameter.
- Included room type in the GetLiveHotelOffersResponse
| 14/11/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec|
- Changed all date formats to be yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm
- Changed DestCoun and DestReg to be DestRegTop, DestRegMid, DestRegBot, to reflect the newly provided resorts data which does not always have country at the top level and has 2 further admin region levels.
| 15/11/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Changed GetPrepackagedOffersResponse to separate the hotel information from the offer information, and to allow an list of offers to be returned for each hotel, if this is requested in the search using a new 'groupByHotel' parameter. |
| 16/11/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec |
- More minor changes to the GetPrepackagedOffersResponse format to support grouping by hotel. Moved the offer id into the offerForHotel element, and renamed prepackagedOffer to prepackagedOfferGroup
- Added roomType to the details of an offer (has always been there, but got lost when the offer grouping function was built
| 17/11/2011|| Paging specification|| Added a note about 'page-skipping'|
| 17/11/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec |
- Removed the id attribute from the offerForHotel element offers in GetPrepackagedOffersResponse
- Added support for hotel filter (see the GetPrepackagedOffersRequest), and deprecated the details request. Also removed the comment that some hotel details will be omitted.
- Return airport name in originAirport and destinationAirport elements. Code is now an attribute
| 18/11/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Added the showall attribute when submitting filters.|
| 21/11/2011|| Connection Guide || Added support for languages|
| 07/12/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec|| Added dateOfReturnFlight and departureAirportLocation elements |
| 12/12/2011|| Hotel API Spec, (Prepackaged API Spec) || Added the 'extraInfos' element|
| 18/12/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Re-specified the showall attribute|
| 19/12/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Re-specified the behaviour of the filters. Only filters either side of those selected are returned, plus children of selected. Offers are for selected leaf filters only|
| 20/12/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Removed references to returning all siblings to selected filters and added general not regarding the behaviour.|
| 22/12/2011|| Prepackaged API Spec || Re-specified the showall attribute |
| 12/01/2012|| Prepackaged API Spec|| Added support for bestOffer sorting|
| 24/01/2012|| Prepackaged API Spec || Deprecated groupBySupplier and added
| 30/01/2012|| Hotel API Spec || Added the hotelId element to GetLiveHotelOffersRequest |
| 03/02/2012|| Hotel API Spec || Added filtering concept. Added 'filters' to getLiveHotelOffers response and to the 'polling, paging, ranking, filtering and usage' section|
| 06/02/2012|| Prepackaged API Spec || Changed originAirport and destinationAirport to 'origin' and 'destination', to support suppliers hat only supply city codes, not exact airports.|
| 14/02/2012|| Prepackaged API Spec|| Changed week filters to split weeks that straddle month boundaries. See the definition of <group type="depWk" union="departureDates">|
| 07/03/2012|| Images Spec|| Added support for image resizing and cropping|
| 12/03/2012|| Prepackaged API Spec|| Added support for 'currency' selection|
Hotel API Spec, Prepackaged API Spec || Added support for receiving all offers for one hotel, without repeating the description many times. Also added support for receiving all supplier descriptions of a specified hotel|
The 'supplierHotelDescriptions' element was added to both specs.
The following comments were added to the pre-packaged spec:
<!-- the grouping functions are ignored/ not supported when a hotel id is specified - see the 'Filtering' section below -->
<!-- When a hotel id is specified, the grouping options are not allowed/ ignored (groupByHotelAndSupplier and groupByHotel). Instead, the offers will be returned as a simple list of offers, with no hotel details. The supplierHotelDescriptions element will be returned in this case, containing all descriptions from all suppliers -->
The following comments were added to the Hotel spec:
<!-- The hotel element defines the relevant supplier's details for the hotel. If a specific hotel is requested in the search, this element will be omitted, and the supplierHotelDescriptions element supplied instead (see below) -->
[This change is not in production yet. Will be release as soon as approved by current consumers of API]
| 05/04/2012|| Location Resolution Spec|| Added support for sub locations: see 'showSubLocations' element. Also added location types 'country' and 'island'|
| 15/05/2012|| Hotel API Spec || Added returnAllHotels element to
| 28/05/2012|| Flight API Spec|| Reformatted the 'out' and 'return' specification to support operators, changes and their details, and airport data.|
Also exposed the spec for proceeding to the booking stages....
| 01/06/2012|| Hotel API Spec|| Defined a new overall structure for the API to support all functions in a single request and streamline integration process|
| 14/06/2012|| Flight API Spec|| Improved naming of elements and location structure to allow city codes etc.|
| 21/06/2012|| Flight API Spec, Hotel API Spec || Minor change to the get booking GetBookingIds request and response XML structure.|
| 19/07/2012|| Hotel API Spec || Instead of specifying 'adult' and 'child', specify ages instead.|
| 31/07/2012|| Hotel API Spec|| Booking command changed to include the value as an attribute and have structured room extra ids. Also, roomExtraOptions added to 'GetHotelsResponse'|
| 21/05/2013|| Hotel API Spec|| GetHotelResponse:|
- rooms element added with per room extraInfos element
- roomTypes element deprecated
| 17/07/2013|| Hotel API Spec|| GetHotelsResponse:|
- Adding the starResultInfo in the resultInfo element
| 22/05/2014|| Dynamic Filters and Filtering|| Added "starsMin" filter.|